Here is a list of some questions that we commonly get asked.
- Do Moxie Girls speak English?
- What makes Moxie Girl different from other companies or individuals?
- Why should I use Moxie Girl instead of someone I found in the classifieds or my neighbors best friend?
- How many people typically will be at my home for service?
- Will I always have the same person assisting me?
- Who will actually take care of my service?
- Why doesn’t Moxie Girl offer other services like window cleaning, carpet cleaning, etc.?
- Will you watch my kids?
- Can you take my mother to her doctors appointments?
- How often do I need service?
- When do I pay?
- How can I pay?
- Are there any contract terms?
- Why do your prices seem to be higher than what I have seen in classifieds or talking to my neighbor?
- Does Moxie Girl have a minimum charge?
- If I buy more service or in bulk can I get my service cheaper?
- Does Moxie Girl have a cancellation policy?
- Do I need to provide my own supplies?
- What types of supplies does Moxie Girl use?
- Do I need to be home when my Moxie Girl visits?
Do Moxie Girls speak English?
Definitely! See the Moxie Difference for more info.
What makes Moxie Girl different from other companies or individuals?
Moxie Girl is not simply a house cleaning and maid service company but also professional organizers, pet sitters, house sitters, and party hosts. Our service offerings paired with our excellent customer service team makes us a top choice in the home services industry. We also take care of all the paperwork and insurances so you don’t have to deal with it.
Why should I use Moxie Girl instead of someone I found in the classifieds or my neighbors best friend?
Hiring an individual for your home needs can seem like an attractive option as the cost is typically less than hiring a company, so why would you do it?
Two Reasons: Security and Service
- Security – Moxie Girl screens all our team members, completes background and reference checks, and verifies team members are all eligible to work in the US. We do not bring someone in to the company until we are comfortable having them in our own home.
- Service – Moxie Girl will be there when you need us. Because we are a company and hire multiple team members we can cover your needs if your normally scheduled Moxie Girl becomes ill, goes on vacation, or otherwise is unavailable. Also, if you are not comfortable managing and holding someone accountable (especially a friend!), then their help can actually cause you more stress. Hiring Moxie Girl is often less stressful because you can give your feedback to us and we can work with your Moxie Girl to get your service exactly how you want it. In addition, if your Moxie Girl moves on to other things in life, we take on the responsibility of hiring and training your new assistant to meet your needs so that you don’t have to.
How many people typically will be at my home for service?
For most clients and projects there is 1 Moxie Girl to take care of the service. You can see reasons why we do this here.
Will I always have the same person assisting me?
That is our goal, however, we would like to train at least 2 people in your home for the cases of illness, vacations, or other unavailability. If a complete substitution is necessary we want that transition to be as seamless as possible, so we train all our team to provide excellent service and continually strive to meet your expectations. See our policies for more details.
Who will actually take care of my service?
Moxie Girl hires and trains all of our team members for all services we provide.
Why doesn’t Moxie Girl offer other services like window cleaning, carpet cleaning, etc.?
Some other services require specialized tools, equipment, and special training required to operate. We have found that it is more cost-effective for both Moxie Girl and our clients if we refer these services out to local professionals who are experts in these fields. If you need any of these services completed please ask as we have many contacts that we can pass your way.
Will you watch my kids?
While we love kids, unfortunately, our insurance company does not want us responsible for them. Those insurance companies have to ruin all the fun don’t they?
Can you take my mother to her doctors appointments?
Again, our insurance company will not let us take any persons in our cars.
How often do I need service?
Well of course the frequency of your service is entirely up to you as everyone has different needs and budgets. It also depends on what you need help with. As you might understand, laundry or groceries may be something you need more frequently depending on your lifestyle. Regarding cleaning Moxie Girl recommends the following time frames to keep your home in tip-top shape:
- General Cleaning – Depending on your individual scenario (number of residents, children, pets, your lifestyle, etc.) Moxie Girl believes that a home should have a “General Cleaning” a minimum of once/month. We feel this frequency provides just enough cleaning sanity while limiting health related issues (allergies, bacteria, etc.) that may arise. If kids and pets are living in the home, the recommended visits could be as frequent as weekly or every other week.
- Deep Cleaning – Moxie Girl recommends a thorough “Deep Cleaning” about every 6 months (a good rule of thumb is on the season changes – e.g. spring and fall). A deep cleaning typically includes items that are not normally done on a routine cleaning service visit. Deep cleaning may include but is not limited to:
- Under/behind beds, furniture, and appliances
- Refrigerator, freezer, and oven interiors
- High ledges, light fixtures, and cabinets
- Cabinet and drawer interiors
- Pantry interiors
- Detail window treatments and window tracks
When do I pay?
Moxie Girl Memberships are pre-paid either at the beginning or middle of the month or both (your choice) with reimbursement for any expenses due at the end of each month. Moxie Girl Project Packs are also pre-paid with any reimbursements due at the completion of the project. On-call and ongoing services and any necessary reimbursements are billed after services are rendered or by any schedule that works best for you. We are flexible to help make your life easier.
How can I pay?
We accept cash, check (personal or electronic), and credit/debit card.
Are there any contract terms?
Why do your prices seem to be higher than what I have seen in classifieds or talking to my neighbor?
When shopping for someone to help in your home and personal life, the differences between an independent contractor and a professional business can be significant. Some reasons why prices may be a little higher include the following:
- Moxie Girl pays all taxes on our team
- Moxie Girl provides Worker’s Compensation Insurance to our team
- Moxie Girl is insured
- Moxie Girl is bonded
- Moxie Girl trains all our team members
We understand price is an important factor in your decision, however, when comparing prices be sure and compare apples to apples. You wouldn’t shop for cars, with all their different features and options, warranties and licenses and expect to pay the same price for all of them, would you? Please see more reasons why Moxie Girl is different?
Does Moxie Girl have a minimum charge?
Because we are a mobile based company we do have a minimum visit charge of $100 (Moxie Memberships and Project Pack minimum is 2 hours, Home/Pet Sitting minimum is 1 hour).
If I buy more service or in bulk can I get my service cheaper?
Ahhh, the “buy in bulk” purchasing strategy. Moxie Girl has done its best to work this “buy in bulk” concept into some of our prepackaged pricing (Moxie Memberships and Project Packs) as these packages are typically scheduled for service on a consistent basis. Because of this consistency Moxie Girl does not have to market as much to fill the time slot. For example, if we have a Monday morning time slot to fill, filling the slot with the same client each week has less administrative costs than having 4 clients who rotate the slot.
Does Moxie Girl have a cancellation policy?
Please see our policies for more information on cancellations and rescheduling.
Do I need to provide my own supplies?
We carry most supplies with us to get the services done. Please see our services page for more information on cleaning supplies that we provide and also request from our clients.
What types of supplies does Moxie Girl use?
You can find all this information on our Green Cleaning page.
Do I need to be home when my Moxie Girl visits?
Not if you have better things to do. Some clients give us a key, some leave a key hidden, some give us a garage code, and some prefer to be home. Whichever you are comfortable with is okay with us. Please see our policies for more information on these items.