There’s something about summer. The temperature rises, and when it’s in the triple digits for weeks—and months—at a time, tempers can rise as well. As a Phoenix vacation rental owner, you need to know what’s different about summertime. Sometimes, summer vacation rental guests get frustrated about things winter guests don’t even notice. Thankfully, there are things you can do to help your guests have an amazing experience, no matter what time of the year they visit.
Prepare Your Summer Vacation Rental Guests
Many summer visitors are not prepared for what to expect in Arizona. After all, it’s hot here and they may not be ready for that. Summer vacation rental guests can be uncomfortable and cranky, but you can offset that with some simple preparations.
- Ensure guests know how to get into the house. Start with a keypad on the door, and back that up with a code at the garage and a lockbox with a key. Always have alternative ways to enter the home
- If you are out of town, give your guests access to your local support team, perhaps your vacation rental cleaning service
- Keep your housecleaning fee the same year round and let guests know to plan for it. They may balk at the fee when they know the house isn’t booked as often, but when you keep it the same, it’s easier to explain
- Increase amenities and nice touches, which will go a long way to make guests feel more welcome and comfortable
Plan for Guests Who Stay Longer than Expected
When vacation rental homes don’t turn over as quickly, guests may assume they have carte blanche to stay as long as they’d like. And while you may welcome the extra income when guests stay and cover times that would otherwise be empty, changes can disrupt schedules.
- Have a clear policy about extended stays, including clear communication on check-ins, checkouts, and fees associated with staying past checkout
- Include a deadline for notifying you or your housecleaning team about extending their scheduled checkout time
- Create a method for letting your housecleaning team know about changes in scheduling. If they are unaware, they may not have enough lead-time to notify employees—leaving you to absorb extra fees
Follow Up with Guests During and After Their Stay
Knowing that summer vacation rental guests tend to be higher maintenance, it’s smart to follow up with them.
- Reach out following check-in to make sure guest made it in the home. Do they need anything? Is everything available for them?
- Touch base after visitors have left the rental. Did they enjoy their stay? Definitely let them know you look forward to welcoming them back
Moxie Girl Household Assistants specializes in cleaning vacation rentals in Phoenix and surrounding areas. We understand the higher expectations that your summer vacation rental guests have, and we work hard to give them a great experience. Contact us to learn more about how we can become part of your team.